MULTICULTURAL WEEK 2020 Forms deadline is
Thursday January 9, 2020.
MANDATORY MCW MEETING
Following submissions for MCW, we will be having a mandatory MCW meeting for all clubs on Monday January 20th, 2020 at 5pm in First Student Centre Room 313. Please ensure you send at least one club member so we can make sure we have you signed up for all the events, and go over any guidelines.
Soccer Registration forms w/ all Waivers & Copies of Student ID’s- Friday January 10th, 2020
Panel Discussion Questions DUE: Thursday January 16th 2020
Fashion Show Music: Friday January 17th, 2020 by 4pm (MP3 format only)
Cultural Explosion Music: Friday January 17th, 2020 by 4pm(MP3 format only)
*Clearly label in an envelope which USB is for Fashion Show and which is for Cultural Explosion).
Art piece (framed or mounted): Monday January 20th, 2020
Community Award (Donations to Food Support Centre) – Thursday January 29th, 2020 by 4pm.
(The Food Support Centre is located at Rm 005 Second Student Centre)
Since there are only a limited amount of spots for the Soccer World Cup, we would encourage clubs to pick up the separate registration forms for the Soccer Tournament ASAP from the front desk of the YFS office and submit them. Once we have reached 16 forms we will no longer be accepting applications to participate. Hard Deadline of January 10th.
Here are some tips for a safe and happy Multicultural Week for all.
• All Clubs/Organizations must be officially recognized by the York Federation of Students, York University or SC&LD
• Please respect all the participants of YFS Multicultural Week.
• Clubs/organizations shall NOT disseminate any information which can be reasonably construed as being sexist, racist, homophobic, or any information which promotes hatred towards any group or individual.
• Restrict all your activities to the space provided to you. Do not encroach on your neighbor’s space and/or into access paths.
• Please do not relocate yourselves, all spots are final.
• If you are using props ensure that they do not extend above 5 feet from the ground.
• If the YFS Multicultural Week Organizers feel that a participant is not adhering to the spirit of the YFS Multicultural Week, that organization may be asked to leave the event.
• Please adhere to all MCW guidelines made available in the MCW booklet.
• Please ensure that, if applying for the soccer tournament, there are two members of differing genders on the field at all times.